The LABCAT module for Tumor Measurement and Tracking collects, evaluates, and reports data related to the measurement and tracking of external tumors/lesions. The software captures data virtually hands-free via the use of electronic calipers and an optional foot pedal.
- Operates in a stand-alone or networked environment, utilizing a Microsoft SQL Server database
- User-friendly design allows for data entry via point & click, hot keys or hands-free data entry via optional foot pedal
- Protocol driven, with user-defined dictionaries and tasks (i.e., body weights, tumor measurements, test articles, blood samples, cage cleaning, etc.)
- Test article dose calculations can be based on fixed amount, body weights or group average body weights
- Interfaces with balances (e.g., Ohaus, Sartorius, Mettler), electronic calipers (e.g., Fowler, Mitutoyo) implant readers (e.g., Avid, BioMedic,) and other devices capable of capturing and transmitting numeric data directly to the computer or via wireless transmission
- Automatic randomization performs group assignments based on body weight, tumor area/volume, delta tumor volume, or any numeric value and/or user-defined formula
- Graphical display of mass locations and sizes, including mass development history
- Built-in image capturing with electronic image analysis
- Resource management control and completeness checks
- Optional GLP-compliant audit trails and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance as well as administrator-defined security access
- Access through the internet
- Interfaces with the entire LABCAT suite of software modules: In-Life, Clinical Pathology, Necropsy, and Pathology. Additional ad hoc reporting and graphing capabilities available using the LABCAT Report Manager Utility.
- All LABCAT software modules include standardized reports complete with statistical analysis such as: descriptive statistics, Duncan's, Dunnett's, Kruskal-Wallis, Mann-Whitney, Newman Keuls, Scheffe's t-test, Tukey test, Kaplan-Meier, etc.
- Software includes graphical data plots with additional statistical analysis
- Seamless interface to MS Excel, Spotfire, Prism, SigmaPlot, etc. for sophisticated data mining and graphing capability
- Easily exportable in many different formats (e.g., ASCII, MS Word, MS Excel, CSV RPT, DIF, XLS, HTML, ODBC, report definition, RTF, text and XML)
- Reports can be emailed as attachments directly from within LABCAT.